When cleaning the spring is in full swing, it’s the perfect time to incorporate minor changes to your home in order to calculate the impact on the environment. Here are the top 10 easy ways to make your home an eco-friendly.
1. Replace burned light bulbs are energy saving, and investing in proper insulation, especially if you have a bigger house. These tactics not only to reduce the economic impact on the environment, but also immediately reduce the electricity bill.
2. Not enough to turn the camera off, remove them from the grill. Even when devices are turned off, if they are connected to a live, who are still trying to network. If possible, unplugging appliances not in use. In some cases, a power strip with master on / off can be more practical.
3. Investing in a solar charger for cell phones and other mobile devices.
4. During the summer, consider hanging clothes outside to dry. It’s easy, cheap and surprisingly relaxing.
5. Start composting your kitchen waste. The Bokashi compost system is easier, faster and much less smelly compost at home. You can learn more about composting kitchen in our previous post on composting.
6. Donate your old clothes and household items. Instead of creating waste, you help others.
7. Be smart about water use. Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth and shaving. Install showerheads with low flow shower. (If you’ve tried one in the past and found satisfactory pressure, I recommend giving them a second chance. The technology has come a long way.) Scrape the food waste in the trash or compost prior to rinse. If your faucet has no aerator (filtering wire mesh), is easy and inexpensive to install. (These small devices can reduce water flow by 50% without negative impact on water pressure!) If you do not have high-efficiency toilets, consider this low cost alternative: the rocks in a plastic bottle. Simply place a water bottle full of stones in the tank and significantly reduce water consumption.
8. Use cleaning products environmentally friendly at home. Biologically duct cleaning agents such as microorganisms EM-1 effectively using microbial inoculants to break down unwanted compounds, rather than harsh chemicals. This not only reduces the runoff of chemicals in our water, but also protects your family and pets from excessive exposure to toxic chemicals that can lead to sensitivity to chemicals and other health problems.
9. If you enter the store without his reusable bag (and who does not?) Just find a secondary use of plastic bags in some other aspects of your life. For example, my family uses plastic bags to pick up after your dog for a walk and the elimination of our cats. If you can not find a good secondary use of plastic bags, many grocery stores have recycling bins … just bring the next time you go shopping.
10. Undertakes to use less disposable items at home. If you use disposable paper towels, cups, utensils or razors, to reconsider. Similarly, filtration and filling your own water bottle saves a huge amount of waste.